Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Concordia Cemetery Update





This weekend I had the opportunity to visit Concordia Cemetery in El Paso again. Not only were the cactus flowering, but I was able to snap a few pictures of a burrowing owl right after he'd caught some prey. Concordia is a fascinating place--you can see the graves of gunfighters, buffalo soldiers, early settlers, and Chinese workers who came to build the railroad--all in the shadow of the big city's interstate. For more information, photos, and a link to a map, check out our web page on the Concordia Cemetery.

1 comment:

Douglas Witmer said...

Hi there...
I like your pictures of Concordia...and of your area of Texas in general. I'm from Philadelphia, but I have a real fondness for your part of Texas. You can check out some of my photos from Concordia if you want:
http://www.douglaswitmer.com/blog/2006/02/concordia-cemetary-el-paso.html.
Douglas Witmer, Philadelphia PA.