Saturday, December 12, 2009

Deserted States of America


This week we're honored to be featuring the work of Rob Hann, a British photographer with a love for West Texas.  Here's his image of Van Horn's famous "Diesel Fried Chicken" sign, at the intersection of I-10 and Hwy 90, in his "Deserted States of America" series.  The sign was mentioned in one of Cormac McCarthy's books.

Hann speaks about this series: 
"The deserts of the American West hold a particular fascination for me. Born and raised in England's green and pleasant land, I've lived in busy, crowded cities since my late teens. The vast open spaces of the West are a place of silence, wonder and mystery. I like to get lost there whenever I can."

We'll feature two more of Hann's work from "Deserted States of America" Sunday and Monday.

No comments: