Thursday, July 23, 2009

Big Bend Ranch Paintings in London: Erick Zuniga

Presidio High School art student, Erick Juniga, is one of eleven students showing artwork inspired by Big Bend Ranch State Park in London at the Saatchi Art Gallery this summer. The paintings were selected in a worldwide competition, and can be seen online, here.

Laurie Holman is the art teacher at Presidio High School. “I am an artist as well as an art teacher. I have lived in the Big Bend for 15 years and my love of the rugged beauty is often reflected in my artwork. So often in my class, the students want to paint beach scenes, cityscapes and snow covered mountains…places that most of them had never seen or been before. I tell them to paint what they know, to see their surroundings in a new and different way. So, this is what they did and with great success.

For more information about Big Bend Ranch State Park, click here and here.

No comments: